I've done a few other posts like this, newborn, at 3 months, and 10 months, and it's so handy to have a list to look back on whenever I'm asked what are must have items for a baby registry. Granted, different babies like different things, but here are some of our "can't live withouts" at almost 16 months.
1. Baby Bjorn Bib- $11.95
2. Baby Proofing Items- Various prices
Safety First Magnetic Locking System- we use this only on our under the sink cabinet which holds all of our cleaners. We wanted something extra secure for that area, so we were willing to splurge a bit on these.
KidCo Spring Action Cabinet Lock- we use these on all of our other cabinets. They're actually easier for us to get into, and so far they keep Emersyn out, but I'm guessing she'll figure them out eventually, which is why we went with something uber difficult for the cleaning products.
Mommy's Helper Toilet Lock- E likes to play in water. There is water in a toilet bowl. We don't want her playing in that water. Duh.
Prince Lionhart Fireplace Guard- Because I don't need E falling into our fireplace and gouging her eye out.
3. Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Carseat- $289.99, but it's often on sale for $75 cheaper
3. Fisher Price Peek-a-blocks- $15.94
4. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Screen Laptop- $19.99
5. Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Say Please Tea Set- $18.99
When Emersyn started playing with this is was a big "I love having a girl" moment for me. It's her first real playing pretend toy, and I love seeing her use her imagination.
6. Stride- to- Ride Learning Walker- $63.95
Full disclosure- my Mom bought this at a garage sale for E for $4. I would have a hard time paying full price for this, now that I see what it cost, but she really does love it. I do think it helped her learn to walk, and she is now starting to ride it. Can't steer worth a darn, but we're getting there.
7. Step 2 Easy Turn Coupe- $59.99
8. Puzzles, books, and anything that makes noise. Extra points for puzzles and books that make noise.
So obviously we're moving a lot more into toys than gear as must haves. E's just a lot more into playing these days, which I do not mind one bit! What are your toddler must haves?